- I got to sit on a Viral Marketing panel with the guy who directed Clerks and Chasing Amy (oh wait, sorry, that was Kevin Smith, not Chris Heuer)
- I learned how to pronounce Kami Watson Huyse’s name. It’s “Wat-Son.” So simple!
- Phil Gomes wore a tie. More significantly, it wasn’t a clip-on.
- There were lots of monologues about the importance of conversations.
- Being “engaged” is also very important. Unfortunately I’m already married, which interestingly also kills conversations (at least the kinds of conversations I can win.)
- Lots of people were blogging or twittering or IRC-ing or texting during the sessions. I’m convinced they were just trying to make us losers with pens and paper look bad.
- Best sound bite: “The attempt to be infallible drives out authority and humanity.” – David Weinberger
- Worst sound bite: “Wikis are dead.” – Some Guy on Some Panel. Saying that something is “dead” just makes you sound ignorant, narcissistic or both.
- Susan Getgood is smart. Linda Zimmer is scary smart. The image of Shel Israel in the shower reaching for shampoo is just plain scary (long story, please don’t make me repeat it.)
A final thought: New Comm was okay, but next year, I’ll take an invitation to Ted instead.